1. Perpetuate the memory of the Grand Army of the Republic and of the men who saved
the Union 1861 to 1865.
2. Assist in every practicable way in the preservation and making available for research
of documents records pertaining to the Grand Army of the Republic and its members.and
3. Cooperate in doing honor to all who have patriotically served our country in any
4. Teach patriotism and the duties of citizenship, the true history of our country,
and the love and honor of our flag.
5. Oppose every tendency or movement that would weaken loyalty to, or make for the
destruction or impairment of, our constitutional Union.
6. Encourage and broadly sustain the American principles of representative government,
equal rights, and impartial justice for all.